Panic Attack Therapy
Caught in the storm of panic? We’re here to help you find your calm.
Panic Disorder is more than just sporadic moments of anxiety. Often referred to as panic attacks, it encompasses unexpected and recurrent episodes of intense fear. This intense fear response soars to a peak in a matter of minutes, making them deeply unsettling.
Prevalence of Panic Disorder
Nearly 5% of adults in the United States will grapple with panic disorder at some point in their lives. This statistic underscores the urgency for effective and compassionate therapeutic solutions.
Symptoms of Panic Disorder
- Panic Attacks: Abrupt and intense waves of fear or intense discomfort.
- Worry Over Future Attacks: A pervasive anxiety about the possibility of another unexpected panic attack.
- Avoidance Behavior: Altering one’s behavior or daily routines in an attempt to prevent potential panic triggers.
- Tendencies Toward Agoraphobia: An evolving fear of situations where escape might prove challenging or where no immediate help seems available, particularly during a panic attack.
Our Approach to Panic Disorder
Our therapeutic approach, rooted in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), offers a tailored solution to those suffering from Panic Disorder.
- Underlying Thought Patterns: We guide individuals in recognizing and re-framing the unhelpful thought processes and beliefs which underlie and perpetuate panic attacks.
- Building Coping Skills: Our aim is to equip each individual with practical skills and strategies to better manage and ultimately alleviate the distress of panic symptoms.
- Relaxation Techniques: Harnessing relaxation techniques aids in grounding oneself during moments of heightened anxiety.
- Gradual Exposure / Desensitization: Focusing on gradual exposure to anxiety-triggering sensations, we help individuals desensitize and become less reactive over time.
Our methodologies aim to break the cycle of panic and restore peace to the lives of our clients.
Who We Are
Our team of therapists is specialized and experienced in navigating the complexities of panic disorder. Discover more about our expertise.